DAX - filter based on measure results

sassaboss

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I wish to calculate percent of change from month to month and to automatically return values only with fulfilled conditions.
Can I do all that using just DAX.
My thinking is something like this.
I have May and April for example. And columns with Date, Product_Name and Product_Sales.
Tot_SUM := sum(Table[Product_Sales])
SUM_PrMonth := CALCULATE( [Tot_SUM] ; PREVIOUSMONTH( Table[Date] ))
Percent_Change := Tot_SUM / SUM_PrMonth - 1

And in slicer I will choose month. Now, I want to show in table in Power BI only rows with product names where Percent of change is less than -20% and greater than 20%.
I tried with a given formula but unfortunately not very successful.
Measure := CALCULATE( [Tot_SUM]; FILTER( Table; [Percent_Change] < 0,2 && [Percent_Change] > 0,2 ))

Thanks in advance :)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
Well, you can do it easily using the filter pane on the right of the report canvas. Just drag the measure as a new filter (on the visual, or the page) and set the filter as you please.

if you want to use DAX, you need to fix your code

Measure := CALCULATE( [Tot_SUM]; FILTER( Table; [Percent_Change] < -0,2 || [Percent_Change] > 0,2 ))

sassaboss

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Well, you can do it easily using the filter pane on the right of the report canvas. Just drag the measure as a new filter (on the visual, or the page) and set the filter as you please.

if you want to use DAX, you need to fix your code

Measure := CALCULATE( [Tot_SUM]; FILTER( Table; [Percent_Change] < -0,2 || [Percent_Change] > 0,2 ))
Great :)
I just realised that I used && and had a lot of problems. Thanks.
I will try to do that will filter pane also.

Many thanks for the answer.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yogesh977