DAX FILTERING FUNCTIONS

BodganST

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys,

So i have this situation where i have a data model in Excel in which i would like to obtain Weight % with a DAX formula.

I've attached an example below. I want to achieve the second output ( Weight with Filter Context ) meaning that the DAX formula should act like a Show Values as % of Parent Row Total.

Country City Sales Weight w/o Filter Context Weight w Filter Context
Germany Munchen 50 11.6% 33%
Germany Berlin 100 23.3% 67%
France Paris 100 23.3% 36%
France Lyon 180 41.9% 64%

Can you tell me please how can i achieve this, without using the Show Values as % of Parent Row Total option from Pivot Table in Excel and instead create a DAX Formula ?

Thank you very much,
Best regards,
Bogdan

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Try this:

Code:
Weight w/o Filter Context =DIVIDE([Sales], CALCULATE(SUM([Sales]),ALL(Table1)))

Weight w Filter Context =Table1[Sales]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[State]))

Upvote 0
Try this:

Code:
Weight w/o Filter Context =DIVIDE([Sales], CALCULATE(SUM([Sales]),ALL(Table1)))

Weight w Filter Context =Table1[Sales]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[State]))

Hi citizenbh and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn't work :(. To be more specific. In my DB i have Channels ( ex: Hypermarkets , Supermarkets etc . ), Categories ( Hair Care , Hair Color , Deo ) , Subcategories , Brands etc.

I need to see my Weight % regardless of the combination of dimensions that i am using that takes into account filter context..meaning let's say for example , i want to see the weight of my Brands in Hair Care Category in Hypermarkets.

Thank you,
Br

Upvote 0
In this case you are arranging columns in the ALLEXCEPT function. Take care of the order and depth of the query.
For example :
VBA Code:
=Table1[Sales]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[State],Table1[City] . . .))
or
=Table1[Sales]/CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Channels],Table1[Categories]))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back