DAX function for initial stock

annemiranda8

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a table where i have my initial stock for my current month, antoher table where i get my unit sales and another tabel where i get my purchases.

To calculate my final stock of the month i calculate initial stock - sales + purchases.

I only have my initial stock for the first month(current month), for the others months the inital stock must be the final stock of previous month.

For my sales and purchases i have data of all the year.

1594008987517.png

I need help with a function that takes lasts months final stock and uses it as the new initial stock.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Hi Dear,

Why can't simply link the cell to the final stock cell, and drag all the way to the right? (i.e. assuming June's final stock price is cell B6, the in July initial stock cell just type =B6, and drag that formula all the way to the right)

like the below screen shot
1594022075003.png

If my understanding of your requirement is not clear, please excuse my negligence and explain to me what you require.

Best Regards
M. Yusuf

Upvote 0
Hello!!

Thanks for you answer! That’s exactly how I have it right now on my excel, but my data is huge and so many different brands and that’s why I decided improve my excel on Power Bi. I’ve been trying to figure it out how to do this logic on Power Bi but I don’t know how.

Do you have any idea? :(

Thank you very much!

Anne

Upvote 0
Hi Anne,

Thank you for the clarification, my bad I did not fully understand the question.

Unfortunately, I am not Power Bi expert myself, but I benefited a lot from the below tutorial:

Please try it out, and let me know if you are facing any issue, I might be able to help.

Thank you dear :)

Best Regards
M. Yusuf

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back