ipon70

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I have a database which is just straight columns of data. From A:AO
I also created a data edit page that allows them to search by time and date and return those results. Then they can type in column E on the edit page and change the values for that time and date.
At the bottom I am capturing the database entry number, time, date etc..along with the previous entry if they don't update all of it and only update 1 or 2 entries.
The below code is just making a new line, instead of editing the line it was on.
Like if entry 03/15/2023 at 0900 and that was database entry 619, I change one entry from 568925 to 568926 it should just copy all the old entries and then take the new entry and put it in at 619. A60-AK60 has all of the data including the database entry code for the edit. If you need more information please ask.

Thanks for any help

Sub db_update_entry()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Entry Edit").Range("A60:AK60").Copy
Worksheets("db").Activate
Dim CompId As Range
Set CompId = Range("A:A").Find(what:=Range("AO1").Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
Range(CompId.Offset(, 0), CompId.Offset(, 0)).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
UserName = Environ("username")
CompId.Offset(, 39).Value = UserName
CompId.Offset(, 40).Value = Date
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hello,
I have a database which is just straight columns of data. From A:AO
I also created a data edit page that allows them to search by time and date and return those results. Then they can type in column E on the edit page and change the values for that time and date.
At the bottom I am capturing the database entry number, time, date etc..along with the previous entry if they don't update all of it and only update 1 or 2 entries.
The below code is just making a new line, instead of editing the line it was on.
Like if entry 03/15/2023 at 0900 and that was database entry 619, I change one entry from 568925 to 568926 it should just copy all the old entries and then take the new entry and put it in at 619. A60-AK60 has all of the data including the database entry code for the edit. If you need more information please ask.

Thanks for any help

Sub db_update_entry()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Entry Edit").Range("A60:AK60").Copy
Worksheets("db").Activate
Dim CompId As Range
Set CompId = Range("A:A").Find(what:=Range("AO1").Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
Range(CompId.Offset(, 0), CompId.Offset(, 0)).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
UserName = Environ("username")
CompId.Offset(, 39).Value = UserName
CompId.Offset(, 40).Value = Date
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Never mind, the whole thing works, I forgot to add the database number reference to the database page at AO1

Fixed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back