Dbl click is taking me to WRONG cell!

Silverjman

Board Regular
Omigosh I'm about to lose my mind.

Why is Excel taking me to the fifth cell in my formula instead of the first?! All that mattes here is that I want to go to CA325 if I double click or ctrl +{ (YES, "Allow directly editing in cells" is OFF)

Code:
=(CA325*0)+
IF(JA$2<=ActualsEndDate,IF(OR(CA325>4,CA325<1),CA325,0),CHOOSE(IF(CA325="",$HA325,CA325),(CA325=JA$3)*SUM(INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,(JA$1)):INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,JA$1)),(CA325=JA$3)*SUM(INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,(JA$1)):INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,JA$1)),(CA325=JA$3)*SUM(INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,(JA$1)):INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,JA$1)),SUM(INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,(JA$1)):INDEX(BuildingsCF!$U125:$CB125,JA$1))/3))

I thought maybe it had something do with the fact that the cell I didn’t want was the left most column so I moved it to 100 columns to the right and right of the cell I wanted. Then I thought maybe it was because that was the $ (locked) column so unlocked the column.

THANK FOR READING!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
How is ActualsEndDate defined?

Be aware that when you double-click with "Edit in cell" turned off, or hit CTRL+[ (which is the same as CTRL+{, you don't really have to SHIFT), all of the precedent cells are selected, but it should activate the first one. I'm not sure why that is not happening in your case but as a workaround, after you double-click you can hit TAB until you get to the cell you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back