shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
Hi shg,

I can't see what's posted in that other forum. Apparently you have to login. I've given up on that forum along time ago. :)

Anyway, I think you can set the default path as follows...

Code:
File >> Options >> Save >> Default local file location
...no???

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I can't see what's posted in that other forum.
Alas, no joy there.

Thanks for that, Domenic, but no -- that's C:\Users\shg\Documents.

The path I mean is where the VBE takes you when you go to import or export a code module.

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
Oh I see, you mean via the menu, not code, correct? If so, in my limited testing, it seems that the default path when exporting is the last exported path. If it no longer exists, then it uses the "Default local file location" specified in the settings. I didn't test importing, but probably the same thing applies.

Reactions: shg

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I exported a module to my preferred directory, closed and restarted Excel, and the default for import and export was back to Office14. Annoying.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
Yeah, very annoying, to say the least. So it looks like you have a Mac version of Excel. I guess, why keep behaviour consistent.

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
No, Excel 2010 on W7.

I need to buy a new computer this year, because W7 is EOL this winter, and I find the prospect daunting. My computer is configured exactly as I want, and I expect it will take a while to get its W10 successor the same.

Domenic

MrExcel MVP
At one time, I too had Excel 2010 and Windows 7. It was great. I wish I could have stayed with them indefinitely. I only upgraded due to other considerations. Oh well. :)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greso

This Week's Hot Topics