default settings for a printing macro?

merlin777

Office Version
  1. 2007
I'm going to record a macro to print a sheet in my workbook. This is in 2007 but will be used by others in 2010.

Heres my question: If i record the macro by printing on my version of excel and printer, how do i control where my other users print to?

If i print to my default printer, or the one offered in the print dialogue, will the macro always print to the default printer on the pc and network its being run on?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

I believe the PrintOut method simply prints to the default printer as set up on each PC.

If you include the page setup in your macro (i.e. setting the margin sizes, page orientation, page size, print area, etc.) then this will be set up every time the macro is run by the users.

Upvote 0

I believe the PrintOut method simply prints to the default printer as set up on each PC.

If you include the page setup in your macro (i.e. setting the margin sizes, page orientation, page size, print area, etc.) then this will be set up every time the macro is run by the users.

when you got multiple users printing from different computer and possible using different printers, the page setup for one printer may be incompatible with another printer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back