Defects in web interface

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
When I go to the Excel forum, there is overlay at the bottom of the page that presumably should contain a message.

But instead, it is empty. And I must click "x" to close the overlay and see the full list of discussions without scrolling.

Also, the navigation links (1, 2, ..., Next) at the __bottom__ of the page do not work. The ones at the __top__ do work.

This has been going on for at least the past 24 hours, maybe longer. I lose track of time during the stay-at-home situation.

What browser are you using?
What kind of device are you viewing on?
Have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that clears it up?

It sounds like the bottom sticky advertisement placeholder but it is not visible to logged in members.
Only the visitors who are not logged in see that and it is not supposed to block the underlying elements when it is closed.

Are you logged in when you see it?

Are you logged in when you see it?

Good point! I see it (now anyway) only when I am __not__ logged in. I often browse the list of questions before I log in.

What browser are you using?
What kind of device are you viewing on?
Have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that clears it up?

All good questions.

First, the bottom navigation links are working now (or for now). I did nothing to make them work. So it's a moot point.

But for posterity.... I'm using Firefox 73.0.1 on a PC (Dell laptop) with Win7.

I'm pretty sure I had cleared cookies, cache, and temp files, but probably not site preferences and "active logins". SOP when I have webpage problem. But I do forget sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fyfe54

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back