Defects in web interface

joeu2004

Office Version
Platform
Windows
When I go to the Excel forum, there is overlay at the bottom of the page that presumably should contain a message.

But instead, it is empty. And I must click "x" to close the overlay and see the full list of discussions without scrolling.

Also, the navigation links (1, 2, ..., Next) at the __bottom__ of the page do not work. The ones at the __top__ do work.

This has been going on for at least the past 24 hours, maybe longer. I lose track of time during the stay-at-home situation.

Some videos you may like

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
What browser are you using?
What kind of device are you viewing on?
Have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that clears it up?

smozgur

BatCoder
It sounds like the bottom sticky advertisement placeholder but it is not visible to logged in members.
Only the visitors who are not logged in see that and it is not supposed to block the underlying elements when it is closed.

Are you logged in when you see it?

joeu2004

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Are you logged in when you see it?
Good point! I see it (now anyway) only when I am __not__ logged in. I often browse the list of questions before I log in.

What browser are you using?
What kind of device are you viewing on?
Have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that clears it up?
All good questions.

First, the bottom navigation links are working now (or for now). I did nothing to make them work. So it's a moot point.

But for posterity.... I'm using Firefox 73.0.1 on a PC (Dell laptop) with Win7.

I'm pretty sure I had cleared cookies, cache, and temp files, but probably not site preferences and "active logins". SOP when I have webpage problem. But I do forget sometimes.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RafalKowalski

This Week's Hot Topics