Delete duplicate rows

Exhelpp

Hi,

I have data in columns A to columns I, what I am trying to achieve is to run some VBA coding which will remove any duplicates rows so only the one unique line remains, so for example if there are 2, 3, or 5 identical rows of data only 1 line will remain.

So far I have got to the following

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; white-space: inherit;">Sub DeleteRows()

With ActiveSheet
Set Rng = Range("A1", Range("B1").End(xlDown))
Rng
.RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1,2), Header:=xlYes
EndWith

EndSub

But when I implement this code to help me with further columns the result is not what I expected as it looks like its deleted over half my data and data where i know there are no duplicates?
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; white-space: inherit;">
Any idea where i have gone wrong? thanks</code>

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; white-space: inherit;">Sub DeleteRows()

With ActiveSheet
Set Rng = Range("A1", Range("I1").End(xlDown))
Rng
.RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1,9), Header:=xlYes
EndWith

EndSub</code></code>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
if you add a helper column with 1,2,3... etc in it you can sort by 3 suitable columns, then test for a3=a2 and b3=b2 and c3=c2 etc putting X in second helper column if duplicates, sort again by the X column, delete the block of rows with X and finally sort by the original helper column ascending, data is back in order with no duplicates. Helper columns can be made invisible or deleted after use....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back