Delete Multiple Sheets

marcenet03

I have the following code to delete multiple sheets. This code takes forever to delete the sheets, not sure how can I speed up the process. If someone can help me out, would be great.

VBA Code:
Sub DeleteSelectedSheets()

Dim h As Long, RESA1() As Variant

RESA1 = Array("Upload EC", "V-UploadEC", "EC Proj Data", "Orion SA Proj Data", _
"Orion SA Data Table", "Proj Data", "Tables our", "Qty", "Multi Sites", "Data table" _
, "Tbls", "Match", "Cov", "Quote", "Agg Quote", "RFQ", "Contractor", "HEER", "HEER_L", _
"Site Decl", "Post Decl", "$", "$Enl", "ESInfo", "NBB Training", "T&C", "Work Order", "Installer Contract", "Recycle", "Rent", "PM", _
"Xero", "Xero prep", "T&C Quote", "T&C VIC", "T&C noCert", "N-Nom", "CB PM Ledger", _
"N-A9s", "N-A10s", "V-A-Lamp-Ballast", "VEET LCP", "VEU_LCP_35", "V-B-Space", _
"V18 tbls", "V-C-BCA", "V-Compliance", "V-other", "ESS Other", "VIC pcode")

On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

For h = LBound(RESA1) To UBound(RESA1)
Worksheets(RESA1(h)).Delete
Next h

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
On Error GoTo 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
If all the sheets exist then:

VBA Code:
Sub Macro2()
  Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  Sheets(Array("Upload EC", "V-UploadEC", "EC Proj Data", "Orion SA Proj Data", _
    "Orion SA Data Table", "Proj Data", "Tables our", "Qty", "Multi Sites", "Data table" _
    , "Tbls", "Match", "Cov", "Quote", "Agg Quote", "RFQ", "Contractor", "HEER", "HEER_L", _
    "Site Decl", "Post Decl", "$", "$Enl", "ESInfo", "NBB Training", "T&C", "Work Order", "Installer Contract", "Recycle", "Rent", "PM", _
    "Xero", "Xero prep", "T&C Quote", "T&C VIC", "T&C noCert", "N-Nom", "CB PM Ledger", _
    "V18 tbls", "V-C-BCA", "V-Compliance", "V-other", "ESS Other", "VIC pcode")).Select
  ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try this:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Macro1()

Dim xlnCalcMethod As XlCalculation

With Application
        .ScreenUpdating = False
        xlnCalcMethod = .Calculation
        .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
        .DisplayAlerts = False
    End With

"Orion SA Data Table", "Proj Data", "Tables our", "Qty", "Multi Sites", "Data table", _
                 "Tbls", "Match", "Cov", "Quote", "Agg Quote", "RFQ", "Contractor", "HEER", "HEER_L", _
                 "V18 tbls", "V-C-BCA", "V-Compliance", "V-other", "ESS Other", "VIC pcode")).Delete

With Application
        .Calculation = xlnCalcMethod
        .DisplayAlerts = True
        .ScreenUpdating = True
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
If all the sheets exist then:

VBA Code:
Sub Macro2()
    "V18 tbls", "V-C-BCA", "V-Compliance", "V-other", "ESS Other", "VIC pcode")).Select
End Sub
I've already tried it and takes forever. To many sheets with tables and formulas

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another option to check if the sheets exist.

VBA Code:
Sub Macro1A()
  Dim shs() As Variant, i As Long, deleteSh() As Variant, n As Long
  Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
  Application.EnableEvents = False
  shs = Array("Upload EC", "V-UploadEC", "EC Proj Data", "Orion SA Proj Data", _
"V18 tbls", "V-C-BCA", "V-Compliance", "V-other", "ESS Other", "VIC pcode")
  For i = 0 To UBound(shs)
    If Evaluate("ISREF('" & shs(i) & "'!A1)") Then
      ReDim Preserve deleteSh(n)
      deleteSh(n) = shs(i)
      n = n + 1
    End If
  Next
  Sheets(deleteSh).Select
  Application.EnableEvents = True
  Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

Upvote 0
How many sheets does the book have, maybe it is more practical to copy the surviving sheets to a new book.

Upvote 0
You are removing 50 sheets.
If any of those sheets have reference to any of the surviving sheets, the formulas will have the error #Ref.
So it would be simpler to copy 9 sheets to a new file, delete the old file. And if you want, the new file rename it with the name of the source file.
That process will take only a couple of seconds.

Upvote 0
I've already tried it and takes forever. To many sheets with tables and formulas

Did you try my solution in thread 3?. I check and hold he current calculation method, set it to manual, delete the sheets and then set the calculation method back to its original setting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back