delete rows dependent upon criteria within range

djpeter

Board Regular
The following code works, (does what its supposed to do) But not to the cells i want it too. basically, it won't delete all the way down to a40, i assume something with the loop is making it think it has done enough but it hasn't. When i run the code, it deletes any cells down to about a 25, is there a better way for this delete macro to be?? Thanks

Sheets("Investment Allocation").Select
Dim cell As Range
Range("A7:A40").Select
For Each cell In Selection
If cell = Empty Then
cell.EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next cell

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Try this:
<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Macro1()<br>Sheets("Investment Allocation").Select<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> J <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Integer</SPAN><br>J = 40<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 7 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 40<br><br><br>Range(Cells(7, 1), Cells(J, 1)).Select<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> cell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> Selection<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> cell = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Empty</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>cell.EntireRow.Select<br>Selection.Delete<br><br>J = J - 1<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> cell<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

You may want to add Application.Screenupdating=False.

HTH.

Upvote 0
Try

Code:
Sub DelBlk()
With Sheets("Investment Allocation")
    On Error Resume Next
    .Range("A7:A40").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
    On Error GoTo 0
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Sorry... got a phone call, didn't have time to write my response! It appears to have been handled now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back