Delete threads

Damian37

Office Version
  1. 365
I would like to delete all 193 of my threads, but do not know how to do that.

You cannot do that.
You can delete your account, but not your threads (they will be left behind to a random user name).

You can click on "Contact Us" and sent an email (choosing the "Registration Problem" option to request your account to be deleted).

You cannot do that.
You can delete your account, but not your threads (they will be left behind to a random user name).

You can click on "Contact Us" and sent an email (choosing the "Registration Problem" option to request your account to be deleted).
My company is instructing me that I must delete all threads due to security breach. What options do I have?

Identify and Report threads which have sensitive (private) information in them, and those can be edited to remove the sensitive information.
There is a Report button under each post.

From a quick scan, it appears that many of your posts do not contain any sensitive information in them.
For example, there isn't any sensitive/private information in this thread here: Userform not popping up when called

Identify and Report threads which have sensitive (private) information in them, and those can be edited to remove the sensitive information.
There is a Report button under each post.

Additional note since you also requested for account deletion: Please report the threads only including sensitive information as Joe4 explained above before we remove your account since we won't be able to identify your posts after your account is deleted.

Additional note since you also requested for account deletion: Please report the threads only including sensitive information as Joe4 explained above before we remove your account since we won't be able to identify your posts after your account is deleted.
Hello smozgur,
The indicated they want all of the threads deleted. I believe I mention ******** or some variation of a drive I'm trying to access or a folder within all of my posts. I will attempt to look through my posts to see if I can whittle it down to posts that specifically mention ******** in one way, shape, or form. Thank you for the information.
Damian

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Search Page.
Entered your user name (in Posted by) and also the company name (in Keywords) you mentioned (which I removed from your message above).
And clicked search.
I found three threads (including this one) with the company name and removed the sensitive information from all.

That's one way if you know what you are looking as keyword (company name here).

Another way is going to your profile and revisit your threads:

Once you find any sensitive information in any post of yours, simply click at the Report button at the bottom of that post and write a message like "Remove ***** company name from my post please" during the report action. Then we'll take care of it.

Once you think it is all ok, then we can go ahead and delete your account. That action will remove your name and all personal information leaving the content as anonymous.

I went to Search Page.
Entered your user name (in Posted by) and also the company name (in Keywords) you mentioned (which I removed from your message above).
And clicked search.
I found three threads (including this one) with the company name and removed the sensitive information from all.

That's one way if you know what you are looking as keyword (company name here).

Another way is going to your profile and revisit your threads:

Once you find any sensitive information in any post of yours, simply click at the Report button at the bottom of that post and write a message like "Remove ***** company name from my post please" during the report action. Then we'll take care of it.

Once you think it is all ok, then we can go ahead and delete your account. That action will remove your name and all personal information leaving the content as anonymous.
Thank you Smozgur, I appreciate all of your help. I will go through the threads as you suggested and look for anything that might be associated with my company's name and remove the information. Once I feel I've removed everything that needs to be removed, I will then reach out to the IT department with my company so they can confirm. I would prefer to do that then to delete my account entirely. I feel I can post in the future without placing any information associated with my company. Thank you again.

Actually you have more than 100 posts, so following link would be better to use for seeing a list of the threads contain your posts:

I feel I can post in the future without placing any information associated with my company.

Just as a note: You don't have to get your account deleted if you'd like to continue visiting and asking questions at MrExcel Message Board. We will already remove all sensitive information (not the posts, but we'll anonymize all sensitive data) that you would tell us, it is still your account and you can keep your account live. Some posts might have sensitive information that needs to be removed but those are your questions with likely good answers. So it is kind of your reference library, why would you lose this library by deleting your account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back