Depenable, Linked Tables; Automatic data sorting

JCamara

I never knew this was possible, but i came across a dashboard where input is magically simplified because other tables when refreshed, "fetch" specific data wich was inserted on the main table.

It's not formulas or anything, lemme tell how it works so someone can explain me how to reproduce it:

First worksheet is called "Report" and there are a list of different questions with quantitative and qualitative answers.

Hidden, there are more worksheets where all the "Report" data is split into (no work is needed at all, just clickicng "refresh-all" a couple times do the job):the lines with qualitative questions "get copyed" to a hidden worksheet, and same is made with quantitative questions.

It doesnt matter if you add more data on main worksheet: as long as you resize the table afterward, everything goes to its place automatically.

What tool did this wizard used? How can excel know how to split data and where to send it? I need this kind of power!!! lol

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back