Dependencies on drop down menu selections.

RodneyC

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  1. I have this formula =IFNA(VLOOKUP($D$3,'Market CUME'!A:AD,2,FALSE),"") sitting in cell Q3. It looks for the D3 value in the Market CUME tab and populates Q3.
  2. D3 is populated by people using a drop down menu, selecting from 89 options pulling from a list in J2:J89.
  3. K2:K89 is populated with a number, actually a percent. This percent is associated with the corresponding value in column J. I’m trying to connect the dots between the corresponding values in J and K.
Lets say D3 = Knoxville (happens to be in J42) and using this formula =IFNA(VLOOKUP($D$3,'Market CUME'!A:AD,2,FALSE),"") produces a value of 222897. The goal is to grow that number over the next year by the value in the appropriate K2:K89 cell, in this case K42.

I need a formula in R3 that will multiply the results of the first formula by the value in the corresponding K2:K89 cell, in this case K42 because D3 = Knoxville. Lets say the value in K42 = 20% So if the D3 issue wasn’t in play the formula I am looking for would include =Q3+(Q3*K42) The resulting number would be 267476

Confused enough? Thanks in advance for the help.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Maybe I am misreading this... but can you not just replace the K42 value with a vlookup to lookup up the Knoxville selection made... =VLOOKUP($D$3,J:K,2,0)

Upvote 0
Maybe I am misreading this... but can you not just replace the K42 value with a vlookup to lookup up the Knoxville selection made... =VLOOKUP($D$3,J:K,2,0)
YAHTZEE! That was so simple. Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back