Dependent drop down list using activeX combo box

Shadkng

Hi,I am in need of someone to solve a problem with dependent drop down lists using activeX combo boxes. Below are links to 2 files that are set up with data validation lists. Starting in cell B24 is the main list of fabric types and in cell D24 is the dependent list of fabric colors. In the workbook "quote file 1" the formulas are in name manager and the name is in the data validation source box. I modified the formula based on an online tutorial and you can see the fabric names and colors in sheet "fabcolors". The dependent lists work fine when using the standard data validation arrow, but not with the double click combo boxes. It's important to note that once data is entered in row 24, it's then copied row down many times, so the lists need to work in every row based on the fabric in that row. The code in sheet "quote" was modified by experts on this forum, but before I decided to use dependent lists.

The second file "quote file 2" has a different formula in the name manager and the combo lists works in both columns B and D, but only in row 24. This formula, which I also found online, is fixed to row 24 so when copied down to subsequent rows it pulls the data from row 24.

Note you will get errors when opening the file because I removed several sheets that the macros run on.

Any input would be appreciated and if the remedy is going to require a lot of coding then I will look outside the forum for help. Thanks very much.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x246w4zjmmq35f/quote file 1.xlsm?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe6h8samlunlttp/quote file 2.xlsm?dl=0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back