Design of multi-user table and simple filtered view

glevine

I'm looking for some help designing and building a simple worksheet that allows about 20 users (Mac and Windows) to manage the data in the table while in a filtered view. The core table has about 20 columns, and each user needs to go in, filter for their records using one column, and then update data in the other columns 1-2x monthly.

The main problem I have, while using the coauthoring scheme and while the file sits on SharePoint in o365, is that when 2 or more people are in the worksheet, only one person has control of the table and its filter. So the last person to set the filter shows their data while the others can no longer use their own. So it becomes not really a multi-user worksheet that can be coauthored. The same thing happens if the users open the worksheet in the SharePoint online/Excel online interface.

I know that one solution would be to create 2 Excel files, one with data, one with filtered view of the other worksheet's data, but then I have to distribute and update it to 20 desktops.

Access would have been good for this, but it's not available to me. I don't believe my company will let me create a list in SharePoint. I've tried PowerApps, but seem also not to have permissions to use it.

Any advice on how to keep this simple and in Excel? Or is there another simple solution, maybe another Access-type product ?

Best,

DC G

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back