Designate the value for labels on x-axis

SledLax

Hi.

I'm plotting data that ranges from 0-40 in increments of 5. However, I don't want the data points with a value of 0 to appear right on the y-axis, so I have set the minimum value for the x-axis as -1. The problem then is that the labels on the x-axis are -1, 4, 9....34, 39, whereas I want them to be 0, 5, 10...35, 40.

Any tips on how I can do that, as I can't find anything in the 'format axis' section.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
This might depend on which version of office you're using as far as how to get to this setting, but try the option to change the axis position to between tick marks instead of on tick marks. As far as I know there's no way to set an "offset" for the axis range without affecting the axis values. Setting the axis position to between should move the points off the edges and you can return to your regular increment for the axis.

1621962930650.png

Upvote 0
This might depend on which version of office you're using as far as how to get to this setting, but try the option to change the axis position to between tick marks instead of on tick marks. As far as I know there's no way to set an "offset" for the axis range without affecting the axis values. Setting the axis position to between should move the points off the edges and you can return to your regular increment for the axis.

View attachment 39405
Thanks Severynm. I've managed to work out a solution where I've added a data series where the value for y is 0 and the value for x is 0,5,10...40. I've made the data points in the series invisible, but have added data labels (x value only) below the data point. At the same time, I've made the axis labels invisible, so now the data labels from the dummy data series give me axis labels exactly where I want them.

I love how humans can still out-think computers if we set our mind to it :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back