Desktop Shortcut points to Tab?

mrpeace

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a Desktop shortcut point to an Excel file and to a specific Tab within that file?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I shall think on these lines

put a short cut of the file on the desktop
now in the file create an event code that when that file opnes a particular sheet should be the active sheet (put this event code as thisworkbook code.

the sample code will be

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("sheet3").Activate
End Sub

so when you click the short cut the file open when the file opens sheet3 becomes active sheet.

Upvote 0
Sir/Ma'am,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Thank you for your assistance, however this sounds like it will only work on one Tab within the document. I am not sure this will work for what I need! I will explain further, I have five different Categories all in one Excel (book) I need 5 desktop shortcuts that goes directly to each category Tab this way I have it set up so as when you click on "A" desktop shortcut it goes directly to the "A" tab inside the document and when you click on "B" it goes directly to the "B" tab inside the document etc....this way I have one to consolidated workbook for all my information however when I need to obtain information quickly and/or someone is accessing the separate files within the document they will be taken directly to the Tab with the information they need. I believe it will have to be some kind of Macro unless there is some code you can place in each Desktop shortcut? Thank you for assisting me in this question have a wonderful day! :)<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back