desperately need help! need to copy formula without a range changing, or write VBA for index array

doodlebug323

I have written arrays to populate the following information:

1) the number in the 1st cell in the range containing a NUMBER to F5:
{=INDEX(N5:AR5,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(N5:AR5),0))}
2) the number in the cell at the top of the page that corresponds with the cell found by this array to E5:
{=INDEX(N4:AR4,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(N5:AR5),0))}

3) the number in the last cell in the range containing a NUMBER to H5:
{=INDEX(N5:AS5,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,N5:AS5))}
4) the number in the cell at the top of the page that corresponds with the cell found by this array to G5:
{=INDEX(N4:AR4,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,N5:AR5))}

However, I have 12 sheets per excel workbook and each sheet may end up containing 500+ rows... way to many to copy and paste this to each cell and then correct the formula as needed (so far each time I copy and paste to a new row it changes N4:AR4 to the row above where I'm pasting, I can't get it to remain the same... if it would remain the same I'd be happy to copy and paste... so, on that note, is there a way to make that one piece remain the same, or is there a way to write this to VBA to apply it to the whole workbook?
Please let me know if you have questions, I'm in desperate need of assistance, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!!!!!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Two things that may help

1) Add a ‘ sign in front of the formula, this will convert it to text so you can copy and paste without the range changing. Remove the ‘ sign from the new and original locations, to make them active formula again.

2) Provided your sheets are laid out in the same way (cell for cell) Select one page tab, hold down the ctrl key and click on the other page tabs that you want to affect. Add the data or formula to the say cell D5 and the data will also be copied to cell D5 on all the selected page tabs.

Upvote 0
Also, if you are copying the formula down the page, you may wish to fix one or more of the formula terms so they do not change. Use the $ sign to do this.

For example, formula =SUM(A2*B2) copied down will change to =SUM(A3*B3) on the next row.

If you add a $ sign in front of the 2 like this =SUM(A$2*B2) it will fix the calculation to multiply by the value in row 2 for all of the formula that you copy down.

A quick way to add or remove the $ signs, is to select the formula (or part of the formula) in the edit line at the top of the page and press F4 to toggle the $ sign being added to:-
Letter and number; Letter only; Number only; Off

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back