Determine result based on age and score

Strudel_Girl

I would be so grateful for your help. I have been searching for days and am at a loss as to how to even find the answer.

I need to determine whether a group of Primary School children are Below, At or Above Level based upon their score and where that lies in relation to their age. I can either have it return a result such as Below, At or Above or I could use conditional formatting to present where the children sit. I have calculated their age as at the test date (and used MROUND to round to nearest 0.5) but what I need is a way for Excel to find the age in a table of results and then assess their score based on that age.

The following table is an example of the criteria (my ages go from 5-11yrs old):

AgeNormal RangeCritical
6.53 to 72
75 to 113
7.57 to 155

<tbody>
</tbody>

In my lay thinking, I am looking for a way to say (referencing below table), if their age at the time of the test is 6.5yrs (A2) and their score is between 3 (B2) and 7 (C2), they are either Normal (or conditionally formatted Yellow) or if they are 7 years old (A3) at the time of the test and receive 3 (D3) they are Critical (or conditionally formatted Red).

AgeNorm. LowNorm. HighCritical

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm not sure if it would be a 2 level VLOOKUP or what?? I have researched that though and it doesn't seem to fit, nor does Index & Match. Would be super grateful for any advice, a suggestion of a video to watch or even just what terminology I should search for.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back