Determining Box size from Product Dimensions (LxWxH)

czhang96

Hello all,

First time poster here. I am creating a comprehensive product analyzer for my company and I am stuck on one part of it. To preface this problem, I will give a little bit of background about the business to hopefully shed some light on the issue. We are an e-commerce company that sells vitamins/supplements in bulk to Amazon where it sits in a fulfillment center until customers order it, in which case it is sent directly from the fulfillment center to the customer. Since most of our products are relatively small and don't weight much, we are usually putting 60+ products in the same box before we ship it to Amazon. Sometimes, depending on the material, we can just throw the products into a box, but other times the product will require additional packaging such as a Bubble Envelope or a Box. The box is where I am having trouble.

Volume
Length
Width
Height
Box Type
Box 12x12x8
Box 14x6x6
Box 10x8x6
Box 12x6x6
Box 9x6x6
Box 9x6x4
Box 8x6x4
Box 9x5x5
Box 7x5x5
Box 9x4x4
Box 4x4x8
Box 6x4x4

<tbody>
</tbody>

These are all the boxes that we currently have that products might be placed into before going into the final box. On one sheet of the program, I have a section for the user to input the Length, Width, and Height of the product and whether or not it will need to go into a box. So, in summary, my question is: based on the LxWxH of the product, how would I get this program to spit out the box type needed while ensuring the product will fit in the additional box. If anybody needs some clarification, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
No problem! Sometimes finding an answer that already exists is as hard as recreating it. I'm glad I could point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back