Determining Percentage across cells

Taiter

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings, First let me thank you in advance with any help and/or suggestions on where I can start to figure out a solution. I have a project funds tracking sheet and am trying to determine the percentage of how much is over obligated based on estimates received and then had funds de-obligated and/or balanced out later in the process. The formula currently using is "=Difference/Max Funded" and shown as a percentage. But get the #DIV/0! For those that were cancelled and no funds were obligated (but I still have to track them as part of the greater project); but do have a column that show the status of Cancelled. Is it possible to have a formula that will show the overage as 0% if the status is "Cancelled" and if any other status it applies the formula above?

DetPercOver.png

Again thank you for any help.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
You just need an IF-THEN statement.

The structure is =IF(logic test, value if true, value if false). In your case, use:

Code:
=IF([@Status] = "Cancelled", 0,([@Difference]/[@[Max Funded]]))

The formula above works if the data is in a table. If it is not in a table, change the [Column References] to the appropriate cells.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you. I had an idea it was an IF formula but was hung up on using the text. This is going to be big help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back