Did I do something wrong?

kajero

Board Regular
I can no longer post under my old ID kajero. Did I do something against forum rules. If I did, It was not deliberate. Can anyone help me?

What appears to be the problem? Your account appears to be active, and it looks like you logged in yesterday.
If you are having trouble posting, perhaps you have a corrupt cookie on your computer. Deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files should clear that up.
Then let us know, because having multiple accounts is a "no-no", so we will need to merge them, but I don't want to do that until the issue is sorted out.

I could log in, I just couldn't reply to posts. I researched it and researched it and researched it! I found the answer . . . I uninstalled Google Chrome and everything works great. I was having the same issue with another message board on another site when I decided I couldn't have done something wrong. I had deleted everything I could and even restored the computer to an earlier date -- really, really early. So if anyone else has the same issues, trying removing Google Chrome. If you could either delete this account or merge it as you said I really appreciate it.

Glad you figured it out!

I merged your new "kajero1" account in with "kajero".

Thank you so much
What does one do if this situation ever occurs again (able to log in, but not post)? I couldn't post to ask the question why I couldn't post; thus the second account.

What does one do if this situation ever occurs again (able to log in, but not post)?
Click on "Contact Us" down in the green tool bar at the bottom of the page and send us an email explaining the issue.

So if anyone else has the same issues, trying removing Google Chrome.
I'm not suggesting that your issue doesn't relate to Google Chrome somehow, but that by itself isn't the problem.
I have been using Google Chrome for all my MrExcel posting for quite some time without any such issue.

I'm not suggesting that your issue doesn't relate to Google Chrome somehow, but that by itself isn't the problem.
I have been using Google Chrome for all my MrExcel posting for quite some time without any such issue.
Yes, I think a lot of people use Google Chrome without issue. Maybe he had a bad/corrupt install?
More often then not, the issue often resides with a corrupt cookie, and deleting the cookies, cache, and temporary internet files resolves it.

Also, at my work place, we have a lot of issues with the extra "add-ons" that come with these programs, especially the "toolbars". They often interfere with certain programs. We always uncheck them all, so none of those "extras" get loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back