Different number of rows is being copied

ExcelPupper

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, as you can see from the code below I have set the last row of "column A" as the last row of data to be copied. To be more specific, column A has 288 rows while column D has 700 rows because it contains formula that refers to column C of the workbook where the data are being copied from. However, I'm having problem on pasting needed data on my summary workbook because Column D hast 288 rows but Column F contains 700 rows same as number of rows from workbook of raw data.

VBA Code:
Sub Test1()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim lastrow As Long, srcWB As Workbook, desWS As Worksheet

Dim MyLoc As String, MyFile As String
    Dim wb As Workbook

MyLoc = "C:\Users\ADMIN\Desktop\Samples\" & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("data").Range("A3").Value & "\AllProcess\Process1\"
    MyFile = MyLoc & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("data").Range("B5").Value

Set wb = Workbooks.Open(MyFile)

Set srcWB = wb
    Set desWS = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Process1")
    With srcWB
        With .Sheets("SEMI")
            lastrow = .Range("E" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            .Range("A2:A" & lastrow).Copy
            desWS.Cells(desWS.Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues    
            .Range("D2:D" & lastrow).Copy
            desWS.Cells(desWS.Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Workbooks(MyFile).Close SaveChanges:=False

End Sub

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi again. Seems like similar code to your previous request which I see you haven't updated :) Just change the lastrow line...
Code:
lastrow = .Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
desWS.Cells(desWS.Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
lastrow = .Range("D" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
desWS.Cells(desWS.Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
HTH. Stay safe. Dave

Upvote 0
Hi again. Seems like similar code to your previous request which I see you haven't updated :) Just change the lastrow line...
Code:
lastrow = .Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
HTH. Stay safe. Dave

Hello. I don't understand the code you provided, why does it have 2 variable for lastrow?
What I needed to have is to copy same number of rows for both column D & F. Is it possible despite the fact that the number of rows per column of raw data are not similar?
Btw, stay safe too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You were copying "A" & "D" before and it seemed like U wanted to copy 288 rows from "A" and 700 from "D". If column "D" determines the number of rows for both "D" and "F" then ….
Code:
.Range("F2:F" & lastrow).Copy
Dave

Upvote 0
You were copying "A" & "D" before and it seemed like U wanted to copy 288 rows from "A" and 700 from "D". If column "D" determines the number of rows for both "D" and "F" then ….
Code:
.Range("F2:F" & lastrow).Copy
Dave

May I just ask, in relation to my question, I tried using this excel formula ROW(OFFSET(C1,COUNTA(C:C)-1,0)) to find the last row of my column C but upon checking the lastrow, it contains no data nor it contains space. How is this possible? Thanks!

Upvote 0
That is a worksheet formula (probably not that easily adapted to VBA) which counts the rows with data in them in column "C". It would work for lastrow if all the rows in "C" had data in them. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back