Disable All Excel Functions

Boswell

Board Regular
Hello, this may seem like a crazy question... but, Is it possible to disable all Excel functions? not as in disable calculation, but actually make Excel's standard functions not available in a workbook.

My reason for wondering if this is possible is that I would like to write UDFs that perform special actions in addition to the typical Excel functions, but give them the same name as their Excel counterparts... essentially create polymorphisms / overloaded Excel functions.

Thanks for any advice (or for taking the time to tell me my request is idiotic)

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
No its not possible.

Neither is it likely to be a wise move.

Excel's built in functions are more robust, faster and use fewer resources than their equivalent UDF's.

You mention UDF's that perform special actions. If a UDF is called from a worksheet, it cannot perform action, in the sense that it cannot write to cells or change the enviroment (colors, cell selection, or filtering).

Upvote 0
The UDFs are written in C++ in an XLL and the actions they perform are manipulating / storing items in memory.

Upvote 0
.. and Thanks for your replies. I went into this knowing it was probably silly / not at all possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back