Disable Read Only on All Workbooks

bmkelly

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a 'Master Macros' Excel file that opens upon Startup for Excel. Inside of this 'Master Macros' file contains macros that multiple individuals will be using, therefore I have the 'Master Macros' Workbook to be hidden in the background. When I open any excel workbook it will automatically open the Hidden 'Master Macros' Workbook however, if another individual were to open any excel workbook they therefor get the Read-Only error message so I was wondering if there is a way to disable the Read-Only prompt across all workbooks that individuals will be opening.

I have tried- Right Click Properties-Uncheck Read-Only on the Master Macros Workbook and it is indeed unchecked but individuals still get the Read-Only message.

I am not too entirely sure if this is something that can be done, but figured I would bring to discussion.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Try setting IgnoreRemoteRequests to FALSE when first opening the "Master Macros" workbook and see what happens.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = False
End Sub

Upvote 0
I imported that code into a new module in the "Master Macros" Workbook and had my coworker attempt to open it to see if he would get the File In Use prompt and he did.

1645641940604.png

Upvote 0
I imported that code into a new module in the "Master Macros" Workbook and had my coworker attempt to open it to see if he would get the File In Use prompt and he did.

View attachment 58593
No. You will need to place that code into the ThisWorkbook Module (Look for the module in the VBAProject window on the left side of the VB Editor. It is there by default). The code will take effect after re-opeing the workbook.

Upvote 0
Sorry I was out for a bit there. I am assuming you are saying delete to you previous comment, because I only show Excel File Names for those that I have open in my VBAProject Menu. But your "ThisWorkbook" would be the same as my "Master Macros" which is where I had put it

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecooper255

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back