Disable Refresh in Power Query workbook to create backup?

Maggie Barr

Board Regular
Hello and thank you in advance if you can help,
I have put together a Power Query workbook with Pivot tables. All my data is through links, so I will, hopefully, then be able to have everything refresh to provide the new output as I get new data on a monthly basis. I would like to know if I can somehow disable all refresh on a copy of the workbook so that I have a backup of what was produced each month, essentially making the workbook run off of only what it has in its memory. If I don't, the intended back up will refresh when I open it and thus not provide the results for that month. I know that I can create sheets of the pivots as values, but it would be nice to still dive into the pivot to clearly see what variables came from what queries etc. should the need arise.
Pretty new to this still, so any advice would be appreciated.
Sincerely,

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astaha

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...