disable scroll wheel

deanrd

Is there any way to disable the mouse scroll wheel?

I use the scrollarea, but the 1st cell of the scrollarea stays outlined. I tried a custom view, but that disables the scrollarea.

I could use a form instead, but someone else I know is having the same problem and I really didn't want to have to do that.

Thanx - Dean.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Thinking you might be able to do change the scroll wheel to zoom by

Code:
Application.RollZoom = True

And then on a change event resize the sheet back to 100%

Code:
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100

Not quite a solution, but a good workaround.

Dont know if there is on mouse wheel event? IF anyone knows then could substitute it

Upvote 0
Hi,

what is the real purpose of this ?
I would always avoid (if possible) to change or disable settings, menus ...

you could hide rows or columns (or both) till some conditions are met

kind regards,
Erik

Upvote 0
Hi,

what is the real purpose of this ?

I'm using the opening sheet with buttons for the user to do certain things. All data is on other sheets.I'm trying to lock the sheet view so its all the user sees.

I would always avoid (if possible) to change or disable settings, menus ...

you could hide rows or columns (or both) till some conditions are met

I want to lock the screen down so thats all the user sees or can see besides the info I display in a different form

Thanx - Dean

kind regards,
Erik

Upvote 0
Dean,
you didn't comment on any of the proposed solutions
what did you try ?
why would you think they aren't working for you ?

(I can easily imagine a working solution hiding rows and columns and do not see why scrollarea-restriction might not work)

Upvote 0
Dean,
you didn't comment on any of the proposed solutions
what did you try ?
why would you think they aren't working for you ?

(I can easily imagine a working solution hiding rows and columns and do not see why scrollarea-restriction might not work)

My original email explained what I tried and the results. My comments to you were included between your messages. Did you even read it or are you just here to be heard?

Upvote 0
I won't speak for erik, but I don't think you'll get much help that way. :devilish:

Can you post what you have tried? Maybe we can figure this out. :wink:

Upvote 0
I'm sorry! Your absolutely right. I could give an excuse, but those are always weak. I was out of line and my response was uncalled for. Again. I'm sorry.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets. I have one with menus I load, another with the data I access and another that I copy filtered info to. I'm using one sheet as a start page with some autoshape text boxes linked to macros. The user never sees the other sheets. My macros open forms to enter info or view info filtered thru combo boxes. I have a couple more with hyperlinks to a blank form and instruction sheet unrelated to the program, but to the data being entered.

I use the scrollarea to keep the user from scrolling the screen off the data and lock the view. The active window zoom doesn't do what I want as that still shows data outside the original view if the user uses the scroll wheel. The scrollarea leaves the 1st cell of the range highlited and I can't get that to go away. I tried a saved view, but scrollarea gets disabled with that.

I would like to find a way to disable the mouse scrollwheel.

Dean

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back