Disappearing Data when duplicating text

MCB123x

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm using this formula =IFERROR(INDEX(JN,MATCH(0,COUNTIF(JN,"<"&JN)-SUM(COUNTIF(JN,C$7:C9)),0)),"") which pulls a list from a column and puts it in another column, however as soon as I enter a duplicate name/word, it disappears from the list and leaves a blank cell. If this is repeated other names drop off from the pulled list. IDK what is happening.

Any help will do. Thank you.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
The COUNTIF counts the duplicate items more than once, which throws off the count. So if you have a duplicate name/word, do you want it to show up one time, or for every instance? And you want the list sorted?

Upvote 0
I got the formula off of mr.excel spreadsheets and just changed the cell the data was in. but for some reason this is happening on mine. I have no idea about those kind of formulas, but I copied it as it was doing what I was looking for, but then this happened.

Upvote 0
This is his video (
) I found it on (it's over 10yrs old) but as I'm using office 2007, it fits

Upvote 0
OK, fair enough. You found a formula that worked for you before, but with changing data, it no longer works. I have not seen that video, nor do I plan to watch it. I generally try to create a new formula based on your current needs. And to do that, I need the answers I asked in post 2. You want a sorted list, with spaces removed(?), and with duplicates removed(?).

For what it's worth, I'll probably try to adapt the formula from this link to your situation. You can certainly look at it yourself if you wish and try to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Ok, this is what I'm looking to do. I need to filter a list(customers) that grows every other day depending on the day (the day isn't important, although it does leave a gap in the column) so that there are no duplicate names. Then I need to pull from another list (Amt sold) to sum the amt the customers brought. If this sum equals or more than 12 I need it to display in that filtered list.

Upvote 0
Well, many thanks. I used that link above and of course changed the addresses of the columns and it worked a charm. The names aren't necessary need to be sorted in ABC order, so it's great.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
:). And if I may, if possible. I'd like that name from that list to only show up when the pcs column adds to =>12. This is the formula: =SUMIF(C$8:C$16,S$10:S$16,E$8:E$16), this pulls the count to the person in the list and I have a condition where if =>12 it highlight green.

The pulled list formula is:=IFERROR(INDEX($C$8:$C$28,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($S$9:S9,$C$8:$C$28),0)),"")

Can I add to that to do the above?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try:

Book1
CDEFS
8al13
9bea2Name
10cal16al
11dyan3bea
12cal2cal
13bea12ed
14ed7aaron
15ed7 
17aaron8 
18mark8 
20aaron7 
Sheet11
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
S10:S23S10=IFERROR(INDEX($C$8:$C$28,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($S$9:S9,$C$8:$C$28)+(IF(SUMIF($C$8:$C$28,$C$8:$C$28,$E$8:$E$28)<12,0.5)),0)),"")
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas surrounded with curly braces.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back