Disappearing Formulas

Holycanoloy

Some time ago, I got a wonferful formula from this site for merging phone number and ph. extension when applicable.

After Inserting the formula successfuly ( and cracking open a beer to celebrate ) I saved it in .csv because I had to export it into Outlook.

I now want to update the customer list, did not write the formula down, and when I highlight the cell I inserted the formula in to, it only shows the "merged data" in the cell but I cannot see or find the formula for the life of me.

Some of you may be laughing your a.... off but I am desperate. Does anyone know how to find out what the cell formula is?

Thanks in advance.

K

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I was working on a customer list whereby I was trying to merge a phone number cell ( call it D2 ) with a Ph. extension ( call it E2 ) and the result would appear in F2 as follows: 555-3344 Ext:22.

If there was only a ph no., then only a ph. no. would appear in E2 and no Ext: followed by nothing. If there was only an Ext, then only Ext: with the extension no. would appear. If there were neither, then F2 would again be totally blank.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

K.

Upvote 0
How about:

=IF(ISBLANK(D2),IF(ISBLANK(E2),"","Ext:"&E2),IF(ISBLANK(E2),D2,D2&" Ext:"&E2))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back