Disclaimer

On 2003-02-11 08:48, Chris Davison wrote:
On 2003-02-10 20:49, Jack in the UK wrote:
.....and my hero Eddie Collins in the command module, never set foot :(

Jack

Jack,

personally, I don't think any of them set foot.... have you seen any of the conspiracy programmes ?

the photographic cross-hairs anomalies
the moon-shadows anomalies
the radiation problems
the total lack of stars in the backgrounds
the footage speeded up gives perfect Earth gravity
multiple duplicate skylines apparently from different parts of the moon
the flapping flag (on an atmosphere-free moon)
the total lack of displaced dust on landing
the USA flags 150% prominent,lit and out-of-shadow, despite the angle of the sun
TV coverage beamed worldwide *from* an image *from* a TV screen in USA.... ie 2nd-hand

also, when asked by some reporter/student (I don't know which) that had pursued him for years on these issues, Neil Armstrong refused to swear on the Bible that he'd been to the moon (this was last year I think).... when pressed to do so, by this guy with a Bible, he punched him in the face...!

Interesting stuff, if you get a chance to see it on TV, I'd recommend it.... it certainly raises a few questions...
Please tell me you don't believe any of that horse-hockey. Among other things that wave effect with the flag was achieved with a wire. :) Personally, I like NASA's stance on the subject, they don't even give the nut-jobs the dignity of a rebuttal. Just honks me off that people would try to tear down the greatest achievement in the history of humanity

In terms of disclaimers i've always had a soft spot for:
The Surgeon General has determined that<insert activity> can cause Cancer, Liver and Lung Disease, Miscarriages, Unwanted Pregnancies, Low Sperm Counts, Brain Tissue Damage, Muscular Dystrophy, Forgetfulness, Left-Leg Paralysis, Internal Hemorrhaging, Geekiness, Carbohydrates Deficiency, Negligence, Slow Motioness, Bureaucracy, Deforestation, Sexual Atrocities, Lack of Personality, Inflation, Heavy Machinery Malfunction, Anaphora, Plagiarism, Lying-to-Congress Disease, Gerrymandering, Incrimination, Schwa Deletion, Non-Confirmation Syndrome, Defenestration, Illiteracy, Sarcasm, Broccoli Overcooking, Frequent Defecation, Gossiping, Getting-Laid-on-the-First-Date Syndrome, Mass Extinction, Ozone Depletion, Global Warming, Gas Leaks, Hailstorms, Arms Race, Legs Race, Gender Confusion, Transexualism, Misunderstandings, Gibberish, Boredom, Nausea, Vomiting, Hyperbation, Hyperbole, Manuscript Loss, Anarchism, Liposuction, Unsuccessful Barbecuing, Gargling, BONKing, Mavisms, Talking-in-Third-Person Syndrome, Limosine Overcrowding, Elevator Stalling, Messianism, Low Scoring on Standardized Tests, PBS Pledging, PTA Joining, PTL Propaganda, S&L Bailouts, Deficit Spending, BL&T Indigestion, Armpit Enlargement, Proletarianization, Antidisestablismenterianism, Panic, Disillusionment, Asymmetrical Twins, Appointment Cancellation, Foreplay Disruption, Stuttering, Dogmatism, Bath Tub Clogging, Eviction, Infant Mortality, Cryptorchitis, Shistosomaisis, Nepotism, Baldness, Bad Spelling, Maximum Verbosity, and General Failure in Life.
-sam

This message was edited by -sam on 2003-02-11 11:29

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back