Display a picture

rolo

I have a drop down box with 8 colour descriptions in it, i want to display a picture in the worksheet, of the appropriate colour when i select it from the drop down box. How do i do this

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi rolo,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "picture" of the appropriate color. If you just want to display the color, why not just use a color-filled rectangle? Also, is your dropdown on the worksheet (as opposed to a userform), and if so, is it a Forms dropdown (as opposed to a ComboBox from the Controls Toolbox toolbar)?

Damon

Upvote 0
i mean a picture as in JPG file :) also its a drop down box from the forms menu.. hope this helps u to help me!

Upvote 0
Hello, do you want to choose a picture ? or that the result of the dropdown shows you a picture in your worksheet ? for both, the forms combobox isn't the best solution !!

Upvote 0
i want the result of selecting something in the drop down box to display a picture, any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi Rolo

I feel this School project is a tad advanced if thats whats been asked of you to do ?? To acheive this would take some really very complex VBA and super line codes to do this, no teacher i expect would set this, assumes this is your own idea>

I cant say i know the answer but i do know and might be able to dig up code to place pictures JPG in comments boxes that would be possible to link to the value of a text box choice and the returned result behind teh box and make the comment box offset to the right .

Would this help... no promises if you are strong VBA minded and can program ill did the code out, its complex and if teh teacher asked you to explain the code you might fall down, and they will know its not your work!

Upvote 0
im not really strong on the programming side of things, yes it was my own idea.. is it not possible to relay whats in the drop down box to another cell, and then use something to say "if "colour red" is in the <cell> then show this picture" or am i goin off on one?

nice to see someone from the UK also :wink:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back