Display Cell Formula

KevinYC

Hello Everyone,

I would like to see the formula in each cell in my worksheet. I was able to see the formula when I clicked on the cells earlier. But now when I click the cells I see only the values, not the fomula anymore.

Do I need to be in certain mode to view the worksheet? What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for any input!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Matty

A couple of things (that I can think of) could have happened:

1) You copied and hit Paste Special > Paste Values, overwriting the formulas with the values the formulas were returning, or;

2) The Worksheet has become protected and Format Cells > Protection > Hidden is ticked.

Is it one of these?

Matty

KevinYC

Hi Matty,

Thank you for your reply. I don't think it's any of the scenario you listed. Because I didn't update the worksheet. I was only browsing it.

Any other suggestions? anyone?

Thanks again!

Matty

Did you check whether the Worksheet is unprotected or not?

Matty

I was able to see the formula when I clicked on the cells earlier. But now when I click the cells I see only the values, not the fomula anymore.

Referring to the above-mentioned quote, are you saying you were seeing the formulas in the formula bar and you are not now?

Matty

Matty

I'm afraid I don't know what else it could be. Sorry.

Matty

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robyrux

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...