Display comment when hovering over a cell - comment displayed based on content of the cell

bigrod

I am curious if there is a way to have a specific comment be displayed when hovering over a cell...but the specific comment is based on the content in the cell. :confused:

Explanation:

Column D in my sheet contains a training status code (a single alpha character - it will be one of 8 codes), and each code has a different meaning. Say, for instance, D3 contains training status code B.
When the person mouses over that cell, I want the comment box to say, "TSC B - In UGT for the initial award of 5-skill level AFSC".
If D3 contains training status code C, it will display the information for that code, etc.
I would like the comment to be displayed until the person moves the mouse pointer off of the cell

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Well I can create a loop easily that can apply the code to each cell but you'll have to supply the part of the macro that will write the comment. Here's how, record a macro of you adding a comment to a cell. Then copy past the code to this board so I can see it and modify it. I am doing homework right now and am only able to write you during my smoke break. So I will reply again on my next smoke break.

Upvote 0
Sub TSCB()
'
' TSCB Macro
'

'
Range("F2").AddComment
Range("F2").Comment.Visible = False
Range("F2").Comment.Text Text:= _
"The Airman is in UGT for the initial award of a 5-skill level AFSC"
Range("F2").Select
End Sub

The comment text will be different depending on what TSC is in the cell (again, 1 of 8 different TSCs will be in the cell). Do you need the verbiage for each TSC?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back