Display data from one tab as merged cells on another tab of workbook

ajrilo

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

On my tracker I have two sheets, ( schedule, calendar view) on the schedule sheet the different sections simply enter section number, start and end date, event. I manually move all that to the calendar view sheet to get a quick snap shot over the years(s) . I shortened the calendar for this example , but it will continue for several years. Is there a way to have excel automatically move data to the correct area of the calendar view sheet and be displayed just like I am manually doing?

As you can see on the calendar view sheet I have merged cells and placed the events from the schedule sheet under the correct section. (1-1 means section 1 tm 1, 3-2 means section 3 tm 2, ect.)

Attachments

• schedule tab.PNG
    schedule tab.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
  • calendar view tab.PNG
    calendar view tab.PNG
    60.8 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Display data from one tab as merged cells on another tab of workbook - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
My apologies, I have gone over the forum rules again and will comply!

Upvote 0
I have been playing with Gantt charts, is there a way to tie a pivot table to a Gantt chart? I will only have 20 lines of info I am tracking and most of the entries will be multiple entries from the same teams I am tracking and I would just like the entries of the same teams to be displayed on the same line in the Gantt chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back