Display Pivot Table Based on Defined Name List

Luke9311

Hello - I have a worksheet where I have a drop down list and 6 names to pick from (we'll name this worksheet "Selection"). Additionally, I have 6 other worksheets, each containing one pivot table that belongs to one of the 6 names on my drop down list.

I would like to pick any of the 6 names from my drop down list, and have their associated pivot table show on the "Selection" worksheet.

Is there any way to make this happen? I thought it would be a fairly simple matter of defining each pivot table as a named range, merging a bunch of cells on the "Selection" worksheet to be the same size as the pivot table, and then doing an INDIRECT() formula to pull the data over, but I've had no luck.

Running:
Excel 2010
Windows 7 (64 bit OS)

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I cannot figure a way to do it with formulas.
A VBA solution:
Assuming blank rows on Selection for rows 10 and down
On a change in the Drop down list, clear used range on and below row 10. Copy the associated pivot table to cell A10 of the Selection worksheet.

Upvote 0
If the pivot tables are based on similarly structured data, what about making a pivot table from all data and having a page field to filter for the sub-set you want to see?

A little more complicated would be to make the pivot table from the cell with the drop down as well as the other data, then upon changing the cell with the dropdown just refresh the pivot table.

I think other than those ways you'd need VBA.

Upvote 0
Thank you both for your ideas. For this example I have decided to change course a little and use the slicers with a pivot table containing all my data right on the main worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back