Display Russian text in a msgbox or textbox

Jorgen

Board Regular
I am using an English Excel, and have an application that is to be used by Russian-speaking people. To get the worksheets in Russian and the Cyrillic alphabet was not that hard, but there are also VBA-code that displays message-boxes and user-forms.

How do I display Cyrillic letters in Msgbox or Userform? My tests sofar has not been successful, and searching here and the web didn't help me...

//Jörgen

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
You could download a cyrillic font from the internet and set the Userform to use that font.

Jorgen

Board Regular
Thanks, after more investigation on the web I gave up the thought of doing it with a MsgBox, since that doesn't work. So what I ended up doing was to create a User Form with a label and pasted the Russian text into that label. But I had to paste it onto the actual object, not the property "caption", if I did that I ended up with all "????".

I could also paste Russian letters to the buttons, also here by editing the object rather than the properties

Jorgen

Board Regular
Hi Mik,
it was actually no code. I just created a user form and added a "label" control. I selected that label and pastet the Russian text into it.

I didn't spend time making it generic, so I will end up creating one user form for each text message. But I don't have more than a handful, so it will definitely be less time than it would to find a more elegant solution (but also less fun...).

I am open to suggestions on neater ways of solving the problem!

Thanks,
//Jörgen

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubrob

This Week's Hot Topics