Jorgen

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I am using an English Excel, and have an application that is to be used by Russian-speaking people. To get the worksheets in Russian and the Cyrillic alphabet was not that hard, but there are also VBA-code that displays message-boxes and user-forms.

How do I display Cyrillic letters in Msgbox or Userform? My tests sofar has not been successful, and searching here and the web didn't help me...

//Jörgen

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Thanks, after more investigation on the web I gave up the thought of doing it with a MsgBox, since that doesn't work. So what I ended up doing was to create a User Form with a label and pasted the Russian text into that label. But I had to paste it onto the actual object, not the property "caption", if I did that I ended up with all "????".

I could also paste Russian letters to the buttons, also here by editing the object rather than the properties

Upvote 0
Hi Mik,
it was actually no code. I just created a user form and added a "label" control. I selected that label and pastet the Russian text into it.

I didn't spend time making it generic, so I will end up creating one user form for each text message. But I don't have more than a handful, so it will definitely be less time than it would to find a more elegant solution (but also less fun...).

I am open to suggestions on neater ways of solving the problem!

Thanks,
//Jörgen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back