Display sheets depending on 'log in' credentials

monkeychuff

Board Regular
Hi Guys/Gals,

Firstly, I do not want to use Application UserName for this project and I do not want to create a user form for the log in.

I have a number of departmental sheets in a workbook, which contain sensitive information. I want to set the work book to open with all sheets hidden except the 'log in' sheet. In cell A1 of the 'log in' sheet the user has to select their name from a drop down and in cell A2 type their given password. When the user clicks the submit button, these details should then be used to reference the hidden 'admin' sheet, look up the user name in column A and ensure the password, contained alongside the user name, in column B matches. If there is a match the sheet(s) named, alongside the correct user details, in column C of the 'admin' sheet, should be displayed for editing. If there is no user/password match a message box should appear.

Doable?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
you can protect your workbook with password. First, manuall hide all the sheets except log sheet. then write macro for submit buttom. such as if cells(1,1).value = 123456 then sheets(2).hiden=false

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back