Display Time of Result from Max Formula in New Cell

dlaymusic

Hopefully someone out there can help me with this; it's been years since I touched Excel.

It may be important to note that I'm doing most of the creation of this spreadsheet on Office 2010 (on my home computer) but I need to make the spreadsheet compatible with Excel 2003 (on my computer and the computers of others who will use this sheet - we're begging for an upgrade!!!):) .

I have a formula in Sheet 1 B2. It pulls the maximum percentage from Sheet 2 D2:D4 (contact %) if the value in Sheet 2 B2:B4 (total calls) is greater than 2. What I need in Sheet 1 A2 is a formula which tells the corresponding time to the result of the formula in Sheet 1 B2 (the time is found in Sheet 2 A2:A4). So, in the table below, the missing formula (Sheet 1 A2) should show 1:00 PM, as the contact % is 50% and total calls is greater than 2. Though Sheet 2 D4 shows 50% as well, only 2 calls were made, therefore it should be omitted from consideration from Sheet 1 A2.

The tables can be found here:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s51/s...ec550708766a/4e2ebc5ba3839d04d9fd7ea7082e7218

• The formula in B2 is =MAX(IF(Sheet2!C2:C4>2,Sheet2!D2:D4)); the result is formatted as a percentage w/ 2 decimal places.
  • The formula in D2:D4 is =C*/B*
  • Column A is formatted as time (*:** AM/PM)
  • Columns B and C are formatted as numbers, no (.)
  • Column D is formatted as a % with 2 decimal places.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Welcome to the board!

Try:

=INDEX(Sheet2!A2:A4,MAX(IF(Sheet2!C2:C4>2,IF(Sheet2!D2:D4=B2,ROW(Sheet2!D2:D4)-ROW(Sheet2!D1)))))

also confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back