Displaying a Value Until a Certain Count is Reached

yoman219

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi so I am trying to create a way so my column B displays a 0 until a certain count is reached, 64 rows. Currently I am using this in column B, =IF($C$1<=$D$1,0," "). Where C1 is the count display, =COUNT(B:B), and D1 one is just the value, 64. The problem is that this is a circular path and I am not sure how else to do this. Also in column A I have an increasing time interval with the increment of 92 seconds. How would I be able to determine what the time is when the count is 64. I will be using this with a variable count and time increment so if there is a way where these were my only two inputs that would be awesome!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I'm not quite sure what you're after, but it seems like you want to simply return the time at the "count"'s row.

And you can do that with:
Code:
= StartingTime + Time(0,0,92*count-1)

or if it's on a sheet

=A1+Time(0,0,92*$D$1-1)

Upvote 0
I suppose a better way of explaining this would be. Each 0 is representing a person and the time next to them is there arrival time. I need a way so the 0's keep displaying in column B until the number of rows hits the count value of 64. Also I will have to abstract that time value of the 64th person to manipulate it else where. Unfortunately I have to use 0 to represent the person. If you still have questions I'd love to keep trying to explain too

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back