Displaying / printing large amounts of cell text

lyano

A cell that contains a large amount of text does sometimes not display or print the full contents even after I set row height to auto fit. I must manually increase the row size to show all the text. Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
How much text are we talking? There is a limit of about 1024 characters that will print, which includes spaces. If using spaces to get text to the next line, try using Alt+Enter instead.

From Excel Help:
Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

If this doesn't help, can you use the len() formula to determine the actual length in the cell?

Upvote 0
The cells I have trouble with do contain more than 1024 characters. Is it true that Row / Autofit will not adjust the row height to display the total amount of text? Although making the column wider seems to help display more of the text. Is there a maximum row height within a column that I should be aware of when trying to fit more than 1024 characters of text? I found some additional related help that gave instructions to run a macro but I've never worked with macros before.

Upvote 0
I believe it is more trial and error. I wouldn't get any hopes up in trying to continuously display more than 1024 characters. Can you break the data up into multiple cells? Perhaps insert a Word object?

Going back to Excel Help:
Column width 255 characters
Row height 409 points

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back