Dissapearing Tabs in Excel 2007

Jim_T

The "Tabs" at the bottom of the worksheet just disappeared, and so did the horizontal scroll bar.
Adv. Options: scroll bars are turned on. Working in the Normal mode.
Closed Excel, re-opened the 2 files and problem still exists.

However, when opening a new worksheet, the tabs are there.

How do I get them back?
Probably should not have taken that coffee & donut break. :LOL:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
That option seems to be for hiding/unhiding the whole sheet.
The sheet is displayed - just not the sheet tabs at the bottom, of which I currently (had) 5 tabs open.

Upvote 0
What I recommended is for unhiding each "tab" as you call them.
doofusboy - thanks for your reply. However, in Excel2007, I cannot find any option for unhiding the "Sheet Tabs" on the menu you suggested above - only for the whole sheet.
What I did was copy the file to my laptop and opened with Ex.2007 - and bingo, the sheet tabs were back. I made changes to the file, saved (to a new name), and then copied back to the desktop machine where the new updated file now opens normally.

However, the original file still opens without the sheet-tabs; therefore it is an error function within that saved file not with Ex.2007 itself.

Just another Microsoft fluke???

Upvote 0
Go to the Office button, Excel Options, Advanced, scroll down until you see Show sheet tabs, make sure it's checked.

I believe it's a workbook setting, so should save with the workbook.

Upvote 0
doofusboy - thanks for your reply. However, in Excel2007, I cannot find any option for unhiding the "Sheet Tabs" on the menu you suggested above - only for the whole sheet.
What I did was copy the file to my laptop and opened with Ex.2007 - and bingo, the sheet tabs were back. I made changes to the file, saved (to a new name), and then copied back to the desktop machine where the new updated file now opens normally.

However, the original file still opens without the sheet-tabs; therefore it is an error function within that saved file not with Ex.2007 itself.

Just another Microsoft fluke???

Did you leave your computer open when you took your coffee break? At my job thats a big no-no. Because we have some prankster that will mess with settings, presentations, etc. We have had some great ones. Like photos of your past showing up in your presentations.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Zack, yes it is checked. That is why it works with other workbooks; and it also worked for the first two days while I prepared this fantastic workbook with 10 tabs.

As I said before, I probably should not have taken a coffee & donut break ;>)

Upvote 0
LOL! Yeah. Are you sure no macros are running on your workbook? It could be set with code. Can you upload the workbook, or post a screenshot? Can you reset then set that option with the desired change?

Upvote 0
Meguilbert, Excellent, great piece of detective work!

Was working on this project at my home office, and did leave the computer on... so definitely will check for squirrels or gremlins.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back