Distance & Time Calculator (Chandoo)

craigf136

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Hoping to get some help, I'm using the distance and time calculator, that is supplied on the chandoo website, I have my API for bing and everything is working 100% when I save things locally, I have it integrated into a excel project calculator for projects. Which basically calculates the distance from installers location to site, it the determines if overnight stays are required and calculates fuel costs and so forth. It works great, does what we need it to do. However, we're all working from home now, so when we save this from local machine to the network drive. Value errors are experienced.

I have asked chandoo on twitter and posted it on their forums, we think it might be a limitation in the WEBSERVICE call but he hasn't got back to me and if it I can't resolve I'll need to consider a change. As it completely messes up the calculation requiring it all to be entered on a new calc book.

Any help appreciated. I have linked to the two sheets as upload mini sheet doesn't appear to be working (Chrome) and it one saved locally, one saved remotely. They are one in the same just different save locations. However, as I have uploaded both they are both likely have the value error which stems from the PC (postcode) sheet but both local works here, remote doesn't once downloaded

You can see from the snapshots, it is working.

a5cfbfc58f2d3437a6823f3febddda97.png

7092ea630cbe4f253ff3429166826bc8.png

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Distance and Travel Time Calculator - Bing Maps API
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
You did break rule#13 as you did not supply a link to your thread on Chandoo.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back