Distorted picture in header

John Erb

I'm using Excel 2010. I put a TIF file in a header and print it. Then I change the normal font size and print it again. The TIF is squished and squashed depending on the normal font setting.

I have not been able to prevent this by any combination of the "lock aspect ratio" or "Relative to original picture size" check boxes in the Format Picture dialog box of the Header & Footer Tools ribbon. Nor by any change to the margins or other Page Setup settings, such as "Scale with document."

Since I'm using the company logo in my headers, and a report may have several worksheets with different normal fonts, this results in a printed set of worksheets all with completely different looking company logos in the headers even though it is using the exact same TIF and the exact same settings except for the normal font.

I could just standardize on one normal font setting, except that I have not found what normal setting results in the TIF printing correctly (the logo has a square and I've yet to find a normal font that yields a perfect square). Also, I find that having a normal font set differently than the font predominantly used on a worksheet causes other irritating formating problems, so my habit has been to set the normal font first to what I plan to predominantly use.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back