Distributing Excel Modules

markkramer

Board Regular
This board has been extremely helpful in educating me on how to distribute macros. But I can't seem to find any information on distributing modules.

I have an Excel workbook with a module in it that I'd like to make available to about 30 users. Since we are not all on the same network, I'd like them to add the code to their versions of Excel (we all use Excel XP). Since a good number of these users are novices, I'd like to keep this as simple as possible.

Ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mark

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Thanks, Juan.

I actually did create an Add-In and Added it. But afterwards I couldn't find it or figure out how to launch it. With a macro I know you go to Tools/Macros/Macro and then type in the macro name after installing an Add-In. But this didn't work for the module.

How do I tell a user how to launch it after they add the Add-In?

Mark

Upvote 0
Well, basically, that is something you have to do too.... take a look for example at the HTML Maker Add In (Link is at the bottom). That file has a routine that adds a menu, enabling the user to use it directly from Excel, without having to do the Alt F8 thing...

Upvote 0
Thanks again, Juan.

I took a look at HTML Maker -- and everything else on the page -- but couldn't find any references to modules or menus. But after looking through everything, it helped me to change the direction I'd like to go.

What command do you use in a macro to call a module?

I'll have to do some research, but I'm thinking I could distribute a toolbar as part of the add-in that has a button assigned to the macro that calls the module. Does that make sense? It's much better than making the user use Alt-F8 and run the macro. I'll have to figure out how to distribute a toolbar as part of an add-in and how to assign a macro to a button on the toolbar, but the first step will be figuring out how to all the module from the macro.

Suggestions on how to do this better encouraged!

Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back