#DIV/0 that goes away when you double click in that cell?

fintemp

Does anyone know how to fix #DIV/0 errors that go away when you double click in each cell? I have a large spreadsheet with these errors and need to fix them all in one swing to meet my deadline today.

Is this a calculation error? Can I use a Text to Columns type feature to fix this?

Thanks so much!
- Mary

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
You can use =iferror(__formulahere__,"")

That will make div/0 appear blank. Change "" to whatever you'd prefer (maybe na() or 0).

Upvote 0
Thank you pplstuff, I simply don't have time to change all the formulas. I was hoping for an F key or some simple solution if anyone has a quick fix!

Upvote 0
Robert, yes, it is pointing to cells that are divided by a value (not zero) and then multiplied by zero, so the result should be zero. It shouldn't be erroring out, and appears to be some kind of glitch, since it zeroes out once you double-click the cell.

Upvote 0
Robert, yes, it is pointing to cells that are divided by a value (not zero) and then multiplied by zero, so the result should be zero. It shouldn't be erroring out, and appears to be some kind of glitch, since it zeroes out once you double-click the cell.

I suspect you would need to look at the formula you are using. Are you able to show it? I think you may have the brackets in the wrong position resulting in a "divide by zero" occurring. Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back