#DIV/0 WHEN THERE ARE VALUES IN EXCEL

ursis4

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have a database with several sensor values, I needed to take the average every N rows of the whole table that are like six columns, I have taken this average column by column since I did not know how else to do it, first use this formula RESIDUAL (ROW (A2); 12) and then IF (RESIDUAL (ROW (A2); 12) = 0; AVERAGE (OFFSET (A2 ;;; - 12)); "N"), the problem has arrived when this value -3.7055e-320 repeats so I get the error # Div / 0
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
when this value -3.7055e-320 repeats so I get the error # Div / 0
If that is your actual value then it is below the absolute minimum value that excel will recognise and as such will be treated as a text string with no numeric value by any formula that is referring to it. Depending on the functions used that either means a #VALUE! error, or, in the case of the average function, it will have a value of 0 resulting in the #DIV/0 errors that you are seeing.

See the section on Calculation specifications and limits by following the link below for the largest and smallest numeric values that excel will recognise. If you need to work with values outside of that range then you will likely need something other than excel for the task.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back