Div/o error please Help

pazza101

hi
have several lines in a workbook as i need to take an eaverage of performance each day and then transfer the info to a summary sheet when the fields have at least one nuber above zero it works ok but at the start of the week we start a new sheet. giving the dreaded div/o error i know you can use the IF command to get rid of this but unsure how to implement it.

this is an example

=SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0")

have a string like this for days and nights sunday through saturday then another for the summary.

would be grateful for any help

Kerrrie

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Try something like this...

=IF(COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0")=0,"",SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0"))

Upvote 0
Try something like this...

=IF(COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0")=0,"",SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0"))

wow fast reply now that works but creates another small problem i have a summary sheet and dont need sunday day and saturday nights
so had this
=SUM(K17:V17)/COUNTIF(K17:V17,"<>0")
which worked ok before as i had zero in each box so now no zero it divde the performance x 12 instead if i was 3 shifts in to the week by 3. eg s0 101% + 103% + 104% divide this x 3 but its dividing by 12

kerrie

Upvote 0
hi
have several lines in a workbook as i need to take an eaverage of performance each day and then transfer the info to a summary sheet when the fields have at least one nuber above zero it works ok but at the start of the week we start a new sheet. giving the dreaded div/o error i know you can use the IF command to get rid of this but unsure how to implement it.

this is an example

=SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0")

have a string like this for days and nights sunday through saturday then another for the summary.

would be grateful for any help

Kerrrie

One of:

=SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/MAX(1,COUNTIF('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,"<>0"))

=SUM('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28)/MAX(1,INDEX(FRQUENCY('Tuesday nights'!B20:B28,0),2))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back