Divide a number into 5 seperate cells and cap percentages

Jward01

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi everyone,

I work for a company that deals in gas and I'm trying to create a simple spreadsheet that works out the amount of litres we have in storage and how many litres we require for our days work

So far I have converted our bulk percentages into litres (1% of storage = 699.12 litres) and worked out how many litres we have in total storage, but now I need to work out how to divide that total between all of our vehicles and convert it back into bulk percentage to make it easily usable.

Where this gets tricky is that our vehicles are different sizes so they all take different amounts to fill to the same percentage (e.g. 1% of one vehicle is 191 litres, 1% of another vehicle is 282 litres). To make things even harder they all fill to different percentages (e.g one vehicle can only be filled to 78% but another vehicle can be filled to 85%)

So in basic terms what I need to know is this:

1. Is there a way I can average the total from one cell into 5 different cells?
2. Is there a way I can get the spreadsheet to take the total amount of litres and fill the vehicles to the same percentage while taking into account the different amount of litres that each vehicle requires to reach 1%?
3. Is there a way I can cap each vehicle at its individual fill capacity and leave the remainder in a "spare gas" cell?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me mad!

Thanks

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
have you got a few rows of worked data that can be displayed with XL2BB

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm completely new to this, what is XL2BB?
XL2BB is a custom download (excel add-in) from this site that allows you to do work in excel and then copy it into a format that you can post to show with the actual values that which you are talking about, > XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back